School Behavior Expectations:
The following expectations will apply at all times, to and from school and throughout the day.
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Be on time and prepared to learn.
- Be courteous, respectful, and cooperative.
- Use safe conduct at all times.
Student Dress Code:
The following minimum standards are required of all students to ensure their safety and preserve an environment conducive to learning. The standards also apply to school sponsored activities.
- Appearance shall be neat, clean, and safe. Makeup/glitter products are not allowed.
- Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. Examples of prohibited garments are:
- See-thru of fishnet fabrics
- Tops with string-straps, halters and off the shoulder styles
- Low cut and wide armhole tops
- Any shirt that does not cover waist when both arms are raised
- Unhemmed shorts/skirts shorter than mid-thigh
- All clothing, accessories, or jewelry are prohibited that contain:
- Lettering. designs that depict sexually suggestive expressions
- Profanity, drugs, alcohol, etc.
- Anything that degrades an individual or a group
- Gang related
- Hair nets, bandannas, scarves
- Shoes must be worn and should be appropriate for physical education class activities
- No backless or slip-on shoes (slippers are allowed for pajama day only)
- No high heels, platform shoes, steel toed boots or heeleys (shoes with wheels on them)
- Hats, caps, sun visors must be worn only outdoors
- Tattoos are not allowed
- Chains, spikes, or studs are prohibited
Note: The administration shall have the discretion to prohibit any other apparel accessory, or jewelry not specifically mentioned above. For more information refer to student handbook.