The following rules shall apply at all times:
- Be on time and prepared to learn.
- Be courteous, respectful, and cooperative.
- Respect personal and public property.
- Respect the student's right to learn and the teacher's right to teach.
- Use safe conduct at all times
Kettleman City Elementary School Standards:
In addition to the standards outlined in the California State Education Code, the following standards of behavior are expected of all KCES students:
- Gum and Candy are not permitted at any time on school grounds. (Exceptions are made for fundraiser items).
- Electronics such as radios, stereos, tape recorders, electronic games, lasers, etc. are not to be brought to school, they may be confiscated by school officials. If a student brings a cell phone to school it must be turned off during school hours.
- Arrival/Departure Time; students may not be on campus earlier than 7:30 a.m. and lo later than 3:10 p.m., unless they are under the supervision of a staff member.
- The sale of any item by a student on campus is prohibited except for KCES fundraisers that have been approved by ASB.
- Students are responsible for showing maturity and mutual respect.
Dress code for school:
Spaghetti straps or other garments that allow under garments to show are not allowed. Plunging neck lines are not allowed. Tops with suggestive expressions or pictures such as sexual element, profanity, obscenity, drugs, alcohol, gangs, or anything which can degrade another human being.
Bottoms must fit at the waist, must not be more than one size too large or one size too small, must not have suggestive expressions or pictures, profanity, obscenity, drugs, alcohol, gangs, or anything that degrades another human being.
Dresses, jumpers, skorts, skirts, and shorts must be mid-thigh length.
Hats, caps, visors, hoods, etc. cannot be worn inside any building. Headwear containing anything gang, alcohol, or drug related, or otherwise deemed unacceptable because of other stated dress code rules cannot be worn at school.
All pupils who arrive at school without proper attention given to personal cleanliness or neatness of dress shall be required to remedy that before entering the classroom. Dress must not detract from or interfere with the educational environment, instructional program, general morale, or image of the school.
Kettleman City Elementary School students are expected to demonstrate self-respect and respect for others at all times. Sexual harassment is unacceptable behavior and should be reported to a teacher, the counselor or the principal if it occurs. it includes, but is not limited to unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal, visual or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
PLEASE READ YOUR STUDENT HANDBOOK FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION ON SCHOOL RULES